Lexie Brockway PotamkinAuthor, Speaker, Interfaith Minister
- The importance of daily meditation
- The quickest path to your inner truth.
- How to meditate – even if you never have.
- Exercises for improving self-awareness, how your personal philosophy is developed and tools to change them.
- Tips to create your own wisdom toolkit to use in daily life
- Strategies for dealing with struggles and pain of life,
- Ways to cultivate kindness and compassion.
- Define your personal philosophy and values to guide your life
Heal from Grief and Loss
- Understanding loss – it can be many things, loss of lifestyle, job, home or loved one.
- Traumatic growth and legacy – tips and exercises to define your life and legacy
- Impermanence and letting go
- Tools to ease the pain of loss from “What is Death?” – write your own obituary and more.
- How other cultures and religious thinkers view death
- Access to a free self-guided grief healing course – curated resources from over 20 years of research, to help deal with loss.
- Tips to build kindness and compassion during challenging times
- How to cultivate compassion in yourself
- How to have more compassion for others
Lessons from the Monks
- What I learned from a 20 year relationship with the Drepung Loseling Monks, hosting them at my home for a week or more each year.
- Valuable lessons for daily life from the monks
- Impermanence. The importance of letting go, not holding on.
Inclusiastic – Tools for Inclusion
- Cutlivating equanimity and acceptance of everyone
- Inclusion of most all religions
- How to listen to someone’s view without agreeing with them
- Techniques to help build an inclusion mindset, through the use of ancient wisdom
Lexie explains “Inclusiastic”
Intro to healing grief and loss free course
Books by Lexie Brockway Potamkin
New book by Lexie
Like a boat without a rudder, many of us go through life with no idea how we make important life decisions. Discover what principals and values guide your life decisions, and learn techniques to create a roadmap for your life. Discover your unique gifts and personal philosophies, and exercises to become stronger and more resilient.
Knowing who you are will allow you to show your true self to everyone you meet. By harnessing compassion for yourself and others. you will find more peace for yourself, and in the world today.
Other Books by Lexie
“Lexie Brockway Potamkin is a generous and beautiful soul who has been a devoted supporter of the work of His Holiness the Dalai Lama and of our work at Emory Univsersity and Drepung Loseling Monestary. She has long been committed to her own spiritual practice and to learning all she could about how to make the world a more comassionate place. Her years of experience, and her loving heart, are clear…”
– Lobsand Tenzin Negi, PhD. Professor of Pedagogy, Department of Religion. Executive Director, Center for Contemplative Science and Compassion-Based Ethics, Emory University
“Lexie has spent years immersed in the work of bringing more compassion to our world. It’s a wonderful thing for us all that she has shared her journey while creating a brilliant roadmap from it for achieving true happiness…exactly what the world needs right now.”
– Marco Borges, New York Times best-selling author, exercise physiologist and founder and CEO of 22 Days Nutrition
Lexie Brockway Potamkin
Author, Speaker, Interfaith Minister
Lexie Potamkin has devoted many years helping others through her work as a speaker, interfaith minister, human rights proponent and author of many inspirational books. The former Miss World USA has studied religion, culture, spirituality, and what makes people happy for over twenty years. She has met with spiritual leaders across the globe and spoken at the United Nations for human rights.
She interview 750 people about life’s profound questions for her five-book series, “What is Spirit?” “What is Peace?” “What is Love?” “What is Death?” “What is Laughter?” While dealing with her own loss and researching her book, “What is Death?” she curated resources and taught a grief and loss course to help council others for two years. She offers free access to the curated course of resources to deal with loss here on this website.
Her latest book, “Know Yourself,” is a culmination of her lifetime study of meditation practice, principles and philosophies from around the world,. She teaches methods and exercises to live a life on purpose, cultivate more compassion, and find true happiness. It will be published in Fall 2020.