Excerpts from “Forgiveness – The Greatest Healer of All” by Gerald Jampolsky
One key word, willingness, gives you the power to move ahead in the forgiveness process.
- You may find it helpful to write a letter to the person you wish to forgive and then tear up the letter or burn it.
- Remember that in the process of forgiving the other person, you are forgiving yourself.
- Remember that in forgiving, you are not agreeing with the other person or condoning their hurtful behavior.
- Be clear that your only goal is peace of mind, not changing or punishing the other person.
- Enjoy the happiness and peace that comes from forgiving.